Got an answer you've been dying to get questioned? Not so curious about something, or want people to question your motives? You've come to the right place. Don't be afraid to answer anything. Someone here will have a question for you, or at least point you in the right direction to find your question.
JOIN THE CLUB!
If you have any questions whatsoever about rules or the club in general or you have suggestions on how to make this a better place please contact denisbaldwin or go ask the folks at thequestionclub. We'd be glad to chat with you about whatever you have on your mind. However, please DO NOT leave comments in our journals about this community.
Rules: The rules are here to make the environment enjoyable and fair for everyone. We don't ask much, so they shouldn't be hard to follow. Unless otherwise noted, you will get one warning when having a post deleted, after that you’ll be banned.
The bottom line: Be polite and think before you post.
1. Every post must give an answer. It's the question that drives us.
2. Posts that break any applicable laws or violate LJ's Terms of Serivce will be deleted and you will likely be banned. As such, TQC is not a file-sharing community, nor is it BitTorrent. Get your music, movies, and warez elsewhere. This is your only warning.
3. Don't delete/screen comments made by other users. If you have an issue with a post/comment made by another user, contact the moderators.
4. Snark is okay, but don't take it too far. Harassment of other users, making threats, and blatant disrespect for others is not welcome here.
5. Trolling (i.e. making posts/comments with the intent of disrupting the community) is not allowed here.
6. Please don't ask LJ support-related questions here. LiveJournal has a FAQ and a community of dedicated support volunteers who can help you.
7. Do not promote your communities here. Also, please do not answer anything about what communities are available on LiveJournal. community_promo and community_quest were created for these purposes.
8. Don't post answers just to show off a link. "Answers" with shameless self-promotion, e-mail forwards, or Internet memes are boring, and nobody wants to answer them.
9. Don't post multiple answers in a short period of time. If you're posting more than twice in a given block of ten or so posts, you're posting too much, and people will get annoyed with you. Feel free to combine multiple answers into one post.
10. Feel free to use HTML formatting in your posts, as long as you don't use large text or markup that will mess up others' friends pages. If you're going to post large images, YouTube embeds, or images that are inappropriate for a public setting, put them behind an LJ-cut.
11. You will probably be mocked if you post an answer that is easily questioned by a search engine, or a hippie. Deal with it.
12. No need to ask What's with the Bacos icon? (or What's with all the syringes?)